Our Insurance Partners
At Catskill Dermatology we want to make your experience with us as easy as possible; that is why we work with a large number of insurance providers. We will take the time to learn about your budget and payment capabilities and will help with all of the paperwork so you can get back to what’s important.
Our affiliate insurance providers include:
- AARP Medicare Solutions
- Aetna PPO/HMO/Open Access
- AmeriChoice - Medicaid Only
- Beech Street
- Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Crystal Run Health Plan
- Emblem Health - GHI/GHI-HMO/HIP
- Empire Plan
- Federal Blue Cross Blue Shield Plan
- Fidelis Care of New York
- First Choice Network
- HealthNet NE Advantage Platinum HMO/POS/PPO
- Indecs/Orange Ulster School District
- Island Group
- Local 825/Operating Engineers
- Mutual of Omaha
- MVP/MVP Hudson Health Plan
- Railroad Medicare
- Secure Horizons by UHC
- United Healthcare
If your insurance is not listed, feel free to contact us with any questions you may have.
Click to download:
- New Patient Registration Forms (English)
- New Patient Registration Forms (Spanish)
- Medical Records Release Form
We offer the following information to help you understand our financial policies and encourage you to ask us any questions relating to the services you may receive. Any members of our billing department will be glad to discuss payment arrangements with you or your responsible party.
Catskill Dermatology, PC participates with many insurance companies, including HMO, PPO, POS, and several local plans. It is your responsibility to make sure that we are participating with your health plan or that you have out-of network benefits. If we do not participate in your plan, payment in full is expected at each visit. We make every effort to verify your insurance coverage prior to your appointment, in order to notify you of your financial responsibility at the time of your appointment. In the event that your coverage cannot be verified prior to your appointment you will be responsible to pay for any services administered at the time you are seen.
Catskill Dermatology, PC will file your insurance claim for you. Therefore, at the time you check in, you will be asked to present your health insurance card so we may retain a copy for our records. If your policy requires, it will be your responsibility to make sure a referral from your primary care physician is obtained prior to your appointment. If you do not have a referral you may reschedule your appointment or contact your doctor from our office. However, you will not be seen until your referral has been received in our office.
If your insurance company declines to cover the services provided or pays less than the actual cost, you will be responsible for any remaining balance that your coverage deems your responsibility. All copayments and deductibles are due at the time services are rendered. A $25 surcharge will be added to your account if your payment is not paid at the time of your appointment. If you pay by check and your bank returns your check you will be charged a $25 returned check fee and/or $35 fee for any payments written on a closed account.
You may be responsible for a bill if:
- Your biopsy/pathology or lab samples are sent to labs outside of our office. These services are billed on a separate invoice from the lab, and will be your responsibility to pay them directly. This is in addition to our charge.
- You have a deductible that has not been met at the time services are rendered. Please keep in mind that some insurance plans have a separate surgical and/or pathology deductible which is not included in your annual medical deductible.
- The service is not a covered service under your plan
- Your insurance company deems the services to be not medically necessary
- Your plan requires you to pay a co-insurance on any services rendered